Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Puzzling

This isn't as bad as it sounds. Not really. I was just in the middle of drawing all the little detail objects in the rooms when I realized that I hadn't finished writing the puzzles. I didn't know what objects that I really needed.

Okay, so... let's open up the Game Design document that I'd started months ago...

What do you mean that I never finished that outline?!

Well it looks like I'm back at the drawing board, using a flowchart software and finally finishing that outline of the plot. Now that I have all three parts outlined, all the puzzles mapped out and all four endings summarized, I can go ahead and write the script.

The script script, not the code script. I wish I was far enough in everything to start coding.

Here is a pic of part of my puzzle chart:


Thinking about everything else, I'm considering dropping the text parser section of the game and just going Point & Click for the whole thing. The story will remain the same, just the user interface won't be so convoluted. Plus I added a couple of minigames and I don't want the player to have to switch from keyboard to mouse too many times.

We'll see what happens I suppose. Until next time gang!

No comments:

Post a Comment