Sunday, September 27, 2009

Baby Steps

fter spending some time away from game development, I decided to jump back in on things and try to get my clumsy sprite walking. I've made some progress... some... 

As you can see, the little guy doesn't quite know what to do with his arm there. At least his legs seem to know what's what. And he isn't really moving aside from all those long limbs. I guess we'll have to try this one again.




That's a little bit better. He's bouncing just slightly so we know he's actually hitting the ground instead of just a blue void. Still not so sure about that arm though. Let's see if we can just help him along here.



That's much smoother. A little tweak here and another one there and I'm sure he'll look just fine in-game. So here we have it. A little space engineer ready to go on a horrible journey through space and time. Yay!
=======================================
Update:  I realized that the above animations were just one step... so I had to tweak and expand some more. Here's a better version...


1 comment: